Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority
One of the most famous and well known free zone as well as a “district” in UAE, Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) is known for its great living standards and work environment all in the same community. DSO is a one-of-its-kind, globally recognized technology park that combines design, creativity and innovation.
DSO is recognized for its development in the field of photovoltaic, nanotechnology, electronics optoelectronic technology, and supporting industries providing equipment and materials for the production of information and communications technologies using semiconductors.
DSO is set up bearing in mind mainly companies in the modern technology-based industry. Investors and businesses that have activities in the Semiconductor Manufacturing, Electronic Manufacturing Systems, Microelectronics, Fabless IC Design, Test & Assembly, and optoelectronics related field will find this free zone the most suited for them.
DSO is located near to the Dubai International Airport, Jebel Ali Port & Port Rashid. Trading to Europe & Asia is also accessible from this location.
Main benefits of a business set up in DSO
- 100% foreign ownership
- No corporate or income taxes
- No import export taxes
- Low operational costs
- High tech infrastructure and TIER III Data Center
- Quick business set ups and fast-track licensing
- Supports e-businesses systems
Company formation in DSO
- Free Zone Establishment (FZE) – Requires a single shareholder and a minimum capital requirement of AED 100,000
- Free Zone Company (FZC/FZCO) – Minimum of 2 and a max of 5 required. A minimum capital requirement of AED 100,000 is also required.
- Branch of a Foreign Company – Foreign companies can register their branches in DSO without minimum capital requirements. Branch company must perform the same duties and business as the - parent company
- Branch of a Local Company – companies can register their branch of a UAE local company without minimum capital requirements. Branch company must perform the same duties and business as the parent company
- DED Registered Companies – Companies who are already established with the Dubai Economic Department (DED) wants to operate their business in a non-DSOA property should apply for a - Business Operation Permit.
- Startup & business entrepreneurs – For more info on setting up start-ups, reach out to us on our contacts page
Types of licenses available in DSO
Can perform consulting or any other services permitted in the license
Can import, export, store and distribute all permitted items
Can import raw material, manufacture, and process, assemble, package and export the finished product
Business Operation Permit:
A special permit for companies by the Dubai Economic Department (DED) operating in the areas owned by private developers
Different Business Activities Permitted In DSO
- Alternative Energy
- Consultancy & Business Development
- Data Centre
- EDA Tools
- Electrical Appliances & Equipment
- Engineering Related to Technology
- Finance Institutions
- General Activities
- IC Design
- Information Technology and Localization of Technologies
- IP Protection
- IT Security
- Law Firms
- Mobile Technologies
- Oil and Gas
- Software Development & Solutions or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Talent Development and Recruitment
- Telecommunications Equipment
Our business consultant is available to advise you
Chat with our advisor